FAQs about My Pro Services
First of all, thank you so much for all the interest in my first official Proccultist service (and thanks to Jason Miller for that nifty term -- he gets all the credit). A couple of people had questions, so I thought I'd put up a quick FAQ.
|This is exactly what I look like when I read!|
1. What's different about your Black Swan Divination (AKA: why is it worth it)?
This is a totally legitimate question. There are tons of skilled readers out there and I certainly don't claim to have cornered the market on divination ability. The Black Swan Divination has several unique characteristics:
- It's a comprehensive life reading in three parts. The reading asks what's going to happen in every major domain of your life. For those areas where a major upset -- either positive or negative -- is coming (a Black Swan) it then suggests where to look for more information and gives you the most likely outcome. Finally, for outcomes that are potentially negative or highly uncertain, it digs deep and tells you what to do about them. This reading assumes that major upsets are a natural part of the life cycle to plan for and deal with rather than "bad luck."
- It's customized specifically to your life. You get to choose the domains that apply to you (are you a student? do you have kids? do you have a career or a business or both?). In addition, each reading includes the enigmatic "unknown" category, which helps you identify the unknown-unknowns. This category frequently proves highly useful.
- It's cross-functional. Domains often cross over into one another and the reading often reveals links between one area of your life and another. The way the reading is laid (in parts with the potential to see cards reappear as you dig deeper) often provides very specific information about how to deal with issues or where to look for solutions.
- It's broad in scope (looking at multiple areas) and in depth (continuing to dig deeper and deeper). The number of cards interpreted are typically between 18 and 36. Yet the writeup is designed to clarify and not confuse. Each writeup concludes with overview points and common themes.
Not quite. The readings that I was recruiting volunteers to try out included only the first two parts of the divination. It also did not include quite as extensive of a writeup or the pictures of the layouts. Frankly, these readings take quite a bit of time and I can't keep doing them gratis.
3. Do you prescribe magical and/or mundane solutions based on the reading?
Such a good question! My readings are pragmatic, but not prescriptive. I interpret the cards and base suggestions on what they say. My skills here are intuiting the messages in the cards, finding patterns and themes across the layout, and suggesting broadly how to approach any problems. In order to provide detailed consulting (for avoiding a Black Swan, launching a PMPM working, meeting a goal, performing a risk analysis, or making a life-change) I need to work more closely and directly with you... which is a whole other thing.
4. What about your other readings?
I have several other readings, some published on my blog and some that have only been delivered to volunteers. Some of these may become available. Others really only work in the context of a detailed consulting session (like an interactive Skype). And there are some that are small and I think need more surrounding context, like a series of lessons on the topic. If there's something you'd like to work on with me, please let me know.
5. Who are you again?
I'm a Tarot reader with 30 years experience (I started in my very early teens). I'm also a second generation reader. My grandmother used to read with a Tarocchi playing card deck (what I wouldn't give to have that deck today). In addition, I'm a certified Project Management Professional (PMP) with over 10 years experience in project management and business analysis. This means that companies pay me to help them achieve their business goals. Finally, I'm a witch who's been doing magic as far back as I can remember.