New Priorities in the Face of Change
Hey there. So, the past two weeks have been an absolute shitshow in my life. Technical glitches, lots of illness, discovery of antibiotic allergies (the hard way) and so forth and so on. It's been exhausting and we're only just coming out the other side.
As is my habit, when bad stuff happens I like to consider what useful lessons or feedback I can take from it. OK, it's mostly after the dust settles, I admit. During the bad stuff, I'm scrambling and freaking out just like anyone else. Now I'm not in the habit of beating myself up because, hey, shit happens and it's not anyone's fault. But if I can glean some kind of actionable lesson from it, well, that's at least something.
In this case, it seemed like the week contained some interesting takeaways directly related to the big changes in planetary alignment that started on Dec the 19th. Here's my short list of lessons -- items that I'm considering serious advice for the coming year(s):
- Follow the rules that matter: don't half-ass stuff and follow the process if there's a process
- Be disciplined: particularly in taking care of ourselves and sticking to our goals
- Be proactive: take care of things when they arise and don't put things off
- Don't overreact: take things one step at a time and add new things (like medication) judiciously
- Stay positive: manifestation is rapid and direct, so watch what we say, think, and do
- Keep moving forward (or Just keep swimming if you're more Finding Nemo than Meet the Robinsons): don't let everything else get derailed when something goes wrong